live - learn - love

Just me... trying to live, learn, and love the best I can... for Him :)

Name:
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Moleskine Hack


I purchased a soft-cover agenda Moleskine in July. Now that I've begun my Moleskine obsession, I wanted to buy another notebook that was ruled to put more ideas and journal entries etc in. I was going to just keep them side by side but finally figured it'd be much more handy to combine them! So here we go...


I started off with my (slightly worn) soft-cover agenda and one volant ruled notebook.



Some people call the next step a 'hack' - I call it adding tabs to a notebook - these ones are used like post-its, with one sticky part and the part that sticks out to write on. The volant notebooks have 96 pages, so I put a tab on page 33 and 64.



Now comes the real hack (which by the way, I haven't seen done in my researching yet...) You'll need a pair of scissors. Open the volant notebook to the last page and cut about a half inch off the end. Then diagonally cut the top and bottom edges.  The agenda has a back pocket, which will become the 'sleeve' for the cut-volant-back-cover.



You may need to trim more off the volant - but stick the back cover inside the back pocket of the agenda.




Voila!



Here you can see with the soft cover binding it stretches to make room for the volant notebook. I wouldnt try this with a hard-cover Moleskine ;)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger "C" is for many things said...

What a hack job indeed! lol... great idea so organised and easy!

November 26, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home