live - learn - love

Just me... trying to live, learn, and love the best I can... for Him :)

Name:
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fun Fall Projects



Remember that binder and the seasonal folders from my last post? I finally put them together with some scrapbook paper and stickers. Here's the finished result:

I love the rich burgundy and golden colour on the paper! The words read 'Love' 'Family' 'Sharing' 'Warmth' etc.



And the Seasonal folder! Some stickers just for fun and labels -because they're fun too. The labels dont quite match the bright stickers and the folders themselves, but they match the outside of the binder and well... I like them just fine. :)

I've also created a notebook to use, hopefully like Dawn uses hers. I love making collages, so it seems logical (? - to me that is -) to make a collage EVERY DAY (wahoo!!!) of my thoughts and things I see in magazines etc. Here is mine:


I have the book laying open so you can see the front and back - and a ribbon bookmark weaved through the spiral. I was going to take pictures of my first attempt at collaging my thoughts - but it was too messy. Maybe one day when I've got the system down pat ;)

And of course some fun fall decor projects from Michaels - LOVE that store.

For this very simple project I took a terracotta pot, a candle, a branch of fake fall leaves, some mod podge and a paintbrush. I separated the leaves into smaller bunches, and took 4 straight off their stems. These 4 I mod podged onto the pot. Then using a little wax to hold it in place, the candle was set. Lastly I stuffed in the leaves (not gluing them down so that the candle can be replaced easily).

This project took another little pot, some rub-ons and a tealight. Voila! Harvest-style candles. (I made 4 matching candle holders -apple, pear, plum, and cherries - would make a cute gift I think too!)



This was the easiest of all. Flower bunch + Vase = Fall floral arrangement. :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home