live - learn - love

Just me... trying to live, learn, and love the best I can... for Him :)

Name:
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada

Friday, November 20, 2009

Stool - Before and After Pics!!


So here is the lovely little stool before.




Disassembled - kitty always wants to help.



Tools of the trade



Yes - I sanded all the paint off on my living room floor while watching a movie - does that make me strange?
hehe it cleaned up in a cinch with the vacuum.



Fabric was $2 I believe from the thrift store. Wrapped it snugly.



And then staple staple staple! I didn't do the neatest job - but who ever looks underneath?! Then the edges were trimmed off. The corner's were trickier -folding it to make it the least lumpy. I had short staples, I would recommend the long ones as there is so much fabric on the corners.
(I had to use lots of staples so it would hold.)



The spray paint I used. First one I've ever tried - not sure I would recommend it as it didnt coat entirely evenly, the lid was impossible to get off, and it gave a tacky texture once dry. However, that could have simply been my lack of experience ;)



Painted and dried, I sanded off paint where it would normally have wear...the edges.


I did end up coating the stool with a varnish. It made the finish look a lot smoother and less tacky. I'll post that and the final results soon!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home