live - learn - love

Just me... trying to live, learn, and love the best I can... for Him :)

Name:
Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada

Sunday, September 27, 2009

DIY much?

Well I'm still admiring the creamy white/distressed look so let me show you another blog I've come across!!






Isn't that incredible? You could probably pick all that stuff up from a thrift store for less than $20. (More money to splurge on those rich soaps and nice candles heehee). I went to my local 'Sally Ann' as most call it (I have no idea why...?) and found some brass candle holders I might go back and get as my first 'distressing' project. We'll see. But she gave me another idea as well, a DIY entertainment center! have a look at what she did:





Now that just shows you the general idea. The only things I need to buy in this case are the two tall shelves on either side. But whether they come from a garage sale or walmart or otherwise I can't see them being too expensive. A piece of wood to li on top would be nice as well, I'm thinking if I actually do embark on this project maybe I'll employ my papa's skills to make a nice curvy beveled edge type thingy. (Can you tell by my descriptions that I'm new to this whole decor thing?!) And then when all four pieces are gathered....yes, you guessed it. Painting and distressing them all for a uniform finish. *Sigh* this is what I daydream about. I'm going to pretend I don't hear your snickering.  Tata for now....

PS: I have so many unfinished projects at the moment, and a cruise (WAHOO) coming up in a few weeks that I may make myself wait until closer to the end of October to try anything. But then again.... I've never been a very patient person. We'll see what happens :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home